Oklahoma District Resources Urgent Recycling Update!
Reports & Forms
Bylaws & Guidelines
National LWML Resources
Devotions from lwml.org
RECYCLING UPDATE, February 2018
Please review this and request shipping labels after these parameters have been met. Thanks so much.
Yes, the recycling program has quite a few changes. Please note, that only inkjet and laser toners on the Qualifying List will be accepted. This is crucial information. The Recycling Companies have had too many items shipped that are not recyclable. So, it is mandatory that items to be shipped for recycling be from the Qualifying Lists. At this point they are still providing pre-paid shipping labels. However, they are UPS shipping labels. So, be aware of the change of shipper. (If you have any previous shipping labels, destroy them. They are not acceptable.)
- Qualifying List of Laser Toner Cartridges
- Qualifying List of Inkjet Printer Cartridges
- Recycling Shipping Guidelines, February 2018
- Do Not Send flyer
I apologize that it has taken so long to get this information together. It has been quite a challenge to say the least. I appreciate your patience in this regard. So, I am thinking that you already had boxes ready to ship. However, it is necessary for you to unpack those boxes and make sure the items to be shipped are those on the Qualifying Lists. If this is not adhered to, you will be jeopardizing being able to receive shipping labels in the future. The Recycling Company just cannot take any items that are not on the Qualifying Lists. As you will note, it is important to have your shipping carton weigh between 20-40 lbs. in weight. When you have your recyclables repacked and ready to ship let me know so I can send the shipping label to you.
If you have any questions, please contact Marguerite Christman, LWML OK District Recycling Coordinator, at MChrist721@aol.com.
I know this is different and will cause you some extra work, but
this is how we have to proceed in order to make the best for you,
our organization, and the Recycling Company. Thanks again for all
your patience and willingness to make this work. ~Marguerite
We have been recycling printer cartridges and other items since 2001. At first, this effort was formed to help raise funds for the expenses of hosting the 2003 LWML Convention held in Oklahoma City, Then, we as the Oklahoma District continued this effort to raise funds for our district. The funds collected are dispersed in three ways. 25% of the funds go to national LWML Mites, 10% go to our OK District Special Gifts Fund and the remaining 65% are used within our district to help with leader training efforts. To date, we have been blessed to collect over $81,000. This has been a tremendous blessing to all entities. Thanks for your support. It has also kept these many items out of the landfills, thus helping our environment. Since it has been almost ten years since we began, many may not know of this recycling effort, or how to get it started in your congregation. Therefore, we are sharing below some helpful steps to be involved in this great project.
Steps for Recycling
- Notify congregational members, parents, adults, students, local businesses to save specific cartridges for recycling. Use as much publicity as you can since this might be a new venture for your congregation.
- Have members save ink jet and laser jet cartridges, by doing
- Check the Qualifying Lists.
- Put old cartridge in box the new cartridge came in.
- If new cartridge doesn’t come in a box, place old cartridge in a zip lock bag or other plastic bag to prevent ink from leaking.
- Bring cartridges to central location/collection site.
- Do not collect Epson printer cartridges or remanufactured cartridges, fax film or printer ribbons.
- Save cartridges and other recyclable items until you have collected at least 12 to be shipped by UPS. When packaging the boxes, place as many recyclable items as possible in a large box. Be sure to protect the items using bubble wrap, air pouches, newspaper or other packing materials. (Do NOT use styrofoam peanuts.)
- Contact Marguerite Christman to receive pre-paid shipping labels. Email: MChrist721@aol.com or call (405) 737-8289. Notify her how many labels are needed and to whom and the address the labels should be sent.
- Pre-paid UPS shipping labels will be sent via U.S. mail.
- When packing for shipping, make the box a tight as possible
with newspaper before sealing the shipping box. No packing list
is necessary, unless you want to
itemize the items. They will be itemized once received at the recycling company. All notification of proceeds received is sent to the OK District LWML.
- Start the process over again.
Thanks for all your efforts in this regard. Call or email if you have questions. ~Marguerite Christman, Recycling Coordinator