Ponca City Zone Societies Reach Out in Friendship
First, Ponca City, held "Good Friends Happening Day" where they made blankets and cards for members who are homebound.
Zion, Stillwater, hosted a Valentine Bingo Party for MPower, a non-profit which provides vocational and residential assistance for 126 individuals in Stillwater. They also hosted a salad supper inviting neighboring sister societies from Cushing, Perry, Guthrie, and the women of Salem, Stillwater.
Submitted by Jan Bartels, Ponca City Zone President
First Lutheran, Ponca City had a "Good Friends Happening Day" where they made blankets and cards for their shut-ins.
Zion Stillwater hosted a Valentine Bingo Party for MPower, a non-profit which provides vocational and residential assistance for 126 individuals in Stillwater. Zion also hosted a salad supper inviting neighboring sister societies from Cushing, Perry, Guthrie, and the ladies of Salem Lutheran in Stillwater.
Fall Fest 2018
The Ponca City Fall Fest was held September 8, 2018 at First
Lutheran Church Ponca City. Forty-six members, one YWR and five
pastors were in attendance.
Special guests were Patty Ross, LWML National President, and Dianna Just, Oklahoma District President. Reverend Jeremy May, Pastor First Lutheran Church Ponca City lead the Bible study. Mission speaker was Patti Ross. She spoke of her recent mission trip with Most Ministries to Guatemala. The mission group tested and fitted Guatemalans with desperately needed eyeglasses. Patti also encouraged members to stay connected with LWML. She also gave updated information on the National Mission Grants.
“Gifts of the Heart” to benefit Northern Oklahoma Youth Shelter and Service totaled: 412 personal hygiene items, 5 packages paper plates, 2 packages cups, 5 packages paper towels, 4 packages paper napkins, 16 packages white socks, $180 in gift cards, 4 toddler clothing items and 4 packages toilet paper.
Ponca City Zone Lutheran World Relief Tally:
Health Kits—6 boxes plus 9 (total not counted)
Ponca City Zone President Report February 2018
- Christmas brought special activities for several societies.
- Trinity Blackwell, St. John Newkirk, and 1st Lutheran Ponca City caroled at Via Christi Nursing Home in Ponca City.
- Sandy Hentges from Christ Lutheran Perry led a Christmas Carol Sing Fest at both First Lutheran and Zion Stillwater. Sandy shared interesting information about the composer and the story of some of our favorite carols. She then led in singing the carols.
- 1st Lutheran Ponca City held a Christmas Bazaar. Various local artists set up booths and sold their art and crafts. The LWML had a cookie walk and made $1504.00. This was divided between two missionaries they sponsor and their school.
- Our Redeemer Cushing held a Christmas dinner at the home of a member. Gifts were exchanged, and games were played.
- Mary-Martha Circle at Zion Guthrie did not have a December meeting, but they started a Secret Pal program. Secret Pals will be revealed next Christmas.
- Christ Lutheran Perry gave a generous gift card to the Payne County DHS to assist with helping children who have been removed from traumatic situations.
New & Special Projects:
- Zion Stillwater assembled Blessing Bags for the Mission of Hope, a homeless shelter in Stillwater.
- Our Redeemer Cushing is providing a monetary donation to an Oklahoma Seminary student at Fort Wayne.
- Zion Stillwater will be holding a Valentine Bingo Party for MPower, a residential and vocational program for people with disabilities.
- 1st Lutheran Ponca City collected teddy bears for the Oklahoma Highway Control Troup K to be given to traumatized children. They are also collecting children’s tennis shoes to be given to Pastor Edward Hosch, a missionary to Peru.
- Christ Lutheran Perry is making blankets for youth that have been removed from traumatic situations by Payne County DHS. They are also helping renovate the Youth Room at DHS. Home Starter Kits & Kitchen Tool Kits were assembled for Wings of Hope, a shelter for abused women. These are given to women who are establishing new homes.
- St. John’s Newkirk also hosted Pastor Hosch, missionary to Peru.
~Jan Bartels, Zone President
Ponca City Zone Fall Fest
October 1, 2017
The Ponca City Fall Fest was held on October 1, 2017 at Zion Lutheran Church in Stillwater. There were 40 in attendance—35 society members, 2 guests, and 3 pastors. Pastor John Wackler, Zion Stillwater, gave the opening devotion, and accompanied on guitar. Daphnee Brian, Zion Guthrie, was the organist. Pastor Ned Moerbe, District Senior Counselor, presented the Bible Study. Dianna Just was our Mission Speaker. There was not an election of officers. Gift of the Heart were collected for Stillwater Life Services. The Ingathering Litany and Closing Devotion was led by Pastor Mark Moseik, Pastor at St. John’s Lutheran, Newkirk. Pastor Wackler led in a closing hymn on his guitar. ~Janet Bartels, Ponca City Zone President
LWML Sunday 2017
Members of Zion Lutheran, Stillwater,
served as ushers, greeters, and lector for LWML Sunday.
First Lutheran, Ponca City, displayed some of
the 259 quilts they made for LWR on LWML Sunday.