Lawton Zone President's Report February 2018
Apache, St. Peter
- Collect Mites, working on servant events for 2018 Convention. Recycling items.
Granite, St. John
- Busy making 200 Lap Blankets for Convention.
Lawton, Holy Cross
- Held annual fundraiser “Soup Luncheon/Dessert Auction.
- Gave 5 Walmart gift cards to members of church needing extra help during the Holidays.
- Prepared Advent dinner for congregation before Advent service.
Lawton, St. John
- 4 ladies attended Fall Retreat
- Gift cards for Seminary students at Ft. Wayne & St. Louis
- Hosted OK District Pastors conference, 100 attendees
- Assisted in providing finger foods for Reformation Service held in OKC
- Annual Turkey Dinner serving 630 meals, Funds raised go toward funding 12 mission projects and other activities throughout the year.
- Christmas Party, Gift of toys collected for Lawton Fire Department.
~Marilyn Selk, Zone President
Lawton Zone President's Report October 2017
St. John, Dorcas Guild – Provide funeral meals, do monthly monetary support of Seminary Students, and monetary support of 12 designated mission projects, 5th Sunday mite offering. Hosted breakfast for Lawton Food Bank Board. Hosting meals for Pastors Conference in Oct.
Holy Cross, Tabitha Guild – Confirmation Reception & gifts, Funeral Dinners, Baptism Napkins & Gifts, Dessert Auction & Soup Luncheon, Food Pantry, LWR School Kits, Hurricane Harvey donations, Shoe Collection.
St. Peter – Box top coupons for school, mites, Quarterlies & VOS for all women, Delegate fund, Confirmation cakes, help host showers, money to help buy fleece for lap blankets for local VA Center for servant events at District Convention. LWR items, Ink cartridges, cell phones, eye glasses, & other recycling items, stamps for missions. Saved shoes for recycling fund
First Lutheran, Lutheran Ladies Aide – Banners, King Bees, Mites, Lap quilts
~Marilyn Selk, Lawton Zone President